Pottery Workshops for Seniors
Having a play with some clay is on many people’s ‘bucket list’ but they may not have had the opportunity to actually try pottery. Firing Time offers private workshops for small groups in the shop and by prior arrangement at other locations.
Photographer David Gibson caught up with Firing Time, when Melanie visit seniors at Palisade Gardens in Cobourg. Here’s a link to David’s report at snapd Northumberland.
Research has shown there are many benefits to using pottery as a therapeutic tool for many conditions. These are just some of the benefits:
- Pottery helps maintain cognitive, emotional, social and physical fitness
- Pottery Increase hand eye co-ordination (which is beneficial for sufferers of stroke)
- Pottery reduces anxiety , depression and helps with bi-polar disorder
- Pottery often benefits those with visual impairments (very tactile)
- Pottery creation Improves self-esteem
- Pottery making Increases mental functioning and concentration
- It’s relaxing and encourages positive energy
- And IT’S FUN!!
How can I book a pottery session?
The two hour session includes a demonstration, tools, clay and help is on hand.
It also includes firing of the masterpieces! A minimum of 6 participants are needed.
Call us or email Melanie at firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire